Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Facebook Still Sucks


My daughter posts a lot of her pics and art on Facebook, so I thought I'd check in and take a look. I have been deactivated for some time but by simply logging in - my account, full and complete, was still there like I had never left (slightly creepy).

After logging in, the first thing staring me in the face was a rant from one of my old classmates, forwarding a deceitful post on how Obama did not capture or kill OBL, Bush should get all the credit and if you believe this re-post it immediately!

I'm so sick of that shit. Juvenile, fact-free propaganda freely distributed designed to divide or make sure one complies or face the ridicule of the wingnuts on your "friends" list. Daughter, you'll have to e-mail me I am so done with Facebook.

Here is another reason:

Assange calls Facebook ‘the most appalling spy machine’ ever

In an interview with Russia Today (RT), Julian Assange explained that Facebook is “the most appalling spy machine that has ever been invented.”

“Everyone should understand that when they add their friends to Facebook, they are doing free work for United States intelligence agencies, and building this database for them,” he said.

More here.

1 comment: