Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Why Does Fox News Exist?

Jon Stewart on the reason Fox News exists

 Text: "I get that Fox opposes the Syria peace plan because its modus operandi is to foment dissent in the form of a relentless, irrational contrarianism to Barack Obama and all things Democratic to advance its ultimate objective of creating a deliberately misinformed body politic whose fear, anger, mistrust and discontent is the manna upon which it sustains its parasitic, succubus like existence...

2 comments:

  1. I'm late with this comment (and so glad to see you blogging again), but my favorite Foxy story is that Rupert Murdoch was given US citizenship early in the Raygun years (I believe it was Don Regan's idea) so he could set up a news channel to propagandize to the dumbest murricans that government was the problem, not the solution, and that "LIBROOLS!"

    And it worked.

    Love you,

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suze, Thanks for coming back! I have been actually working for a living which has cut into my posting time significantly. I've been a sternman on a lobster boat and those guys have their own set of problems with the militarization of government. Post to follow...

      Good to hear from you, Mark

      Delete